this is more a note to myself, because I keep forgetting the details and then I get angry about myself when I am in a hurry 😉
If you quickly require a database with WebLogic 12.1.1 (or some other version 10.3.3 or later, because since then WLS comes with Derby) and some content (e.g. to try some monitoring tool or a WLST script or something), do the following:
– make sure you have the WebLogic samples and the sample DB installed.
– create a new domain.
– in the domain’s setDomainEnv.sh under DOMAIN_HOME/bin
change the DERBY_FLAG from false to true.
– start the Admin server which will start the Derby database as well.
– Create a data source using the following values:
DBName: medrec Host: localhost Port: 1527 Username: medrec Password: medrec
– Test the connection pool after creating it. It should work right away.