While working with WebLogic 12.1.2 I discovered the following bug. Not sure though if the same would happen with 10.3.X.
Try the following:
- Create a domain with one managed server
- Configure a machine, then start the per domain node manager. Using the admin console start the managed server. All working lovely so far.
- It’s lunch time. Stop node manager. Then stop the managed server using the admin console. This shouldn’t be a big deal.
- After lunch: start admin server and node manager. Node manager reports managed server is running (which is not correct!).
- Try to start managed server and it will report an error message that it is in incompatible state.
Check the video below to reproduce it (just a quick recording, not a nice one):
1.) Interesting enough the server.PID file is removed when the managed server is shut down. However when restarting the node manager the managed server it is detected as running.
2.) With the node manager stopped, when forcing the managed server to shut down via admin console, ms1.state file shows FORCE_SHUTTING_DOWN, whereas when forcing the managed server to shut down (same button) with node manager running, the state is SHUTDOWN.
As you could guess, I wanted to spend my morning with sth else.
Comments welcome! Lunchtime for me now.