Middleware and Cloud Computing
Oracle on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Rackspace Cloud and the RightScale Cloud Management Platform.
Learn about cloud computing even before Oracle starts its Oracle Public Cloud.
Written by the winner of the Oracle Technologist of the Year Award, Cloud Architect!
Middleware and Cloud Computing
An introduction to Cloud Computing and Oracle Middleware on Amazon Web Services (AWS),
Rackspace Cloud and the RightScale Cloud Managenment Platform.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing: Why most of the existing definitions aren’t good enough.
- Amazon Web Services (Using EC2 Instances, Creating your own customized Images, File Systems, Amazon Linux, Command-Line and Tools)
- Rackspace Cloud (Rackspace Cloud Server and Rackspace Cloud Files for Windows and Linux, REST API, Limelight Content Distribution Network)
- SOA and Oracle Fusion Middleware (WebLogic Server, Service Bus, Oracle BPM / WebCenter, Oracle Service Registry, Oracle Enterprise Repository)
- Designing for the Cloud (Design Principles, IaaS Platform choice, AMI design, Oracle Architecture Blueprint)
- Cloud Databases (Oracle Database AMIs, AWS SimpleDB, AWS Relational Database Service (RDS), WebLogic with RDS, Multi Data Sources)
- Cloud Management (Distributed Domains, Backups, Disaster Recovery, Licensing, RightScale Cloud Management)
- Availability (Clustering, Distributed JMS, Whole-server Migration, AWS Simple Queue Service, Overload Protection)
- Scalability (AWS Auto Scaling, HAProxy, AWS Elastic Load Balancing, CDNs and AWS CloudFront)
- Monitoring (AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), AWS CloudWatch)
- Oracle VM (Oracle VM Templates on EC2, WebLogic Virtual Edition, Virtual Box)
This book contains all the new and cool AWS stuff:
Oracle VM Templates on EC2, Free Micro Instances, Free Cloud Watch Monitoring, Tags, S3 Reduced Redundancy Storage, EBS-backed AMIs, Database Read Replicas and Multi-Availability Zone Instances, Simple Notification Service (SNS), Simple Queue Service (SQS), Auto Scaling, the brand new Amazon Linux and much, much more!
The book is available now. You can get it from all major distributors including Amazon. For anyone in Germany – it’s also worth checking your local bookstore. Amazon is sometimes displaying wrong shipping times, usually shipping takes a day only for US/EU.
If you are considering buying a copy of the book:
- See the Amazon page for more details and customer reviews.
- The book is listed #1 under “Useful Books” (right column) in the Amazon’s AWS blog.
- NEW: As of May 2011 a super cheap Kindle ebook edition with over 100 colour graphics and links is available.
- A personal request: Share your opinion and submit your own review at amazon.de and amazon.com. Also use Amazon’s tag feature to assign tags the book. Thanks!
- There is a list of all web sites and links listed in the book.
- The recommended retail price of the book is 39.95€.
- Download a free chapter of Middleware and Cloud Computing
- You can use the following shortlink for your tweets: http://bit.ly/cldbk.
- Feel free to contact me directly for large orders (more than 10 copies).